Hamilton Navy Watch : Atomic Watch Wiki : Satellite Watches
Hamilton Navy Watch
- Alexander (c.1757–1804), US politician. He established the US central banking system as secretary of the treasury 1789–95 under President George Washington and advocated a strong central government. He was killed in a duel with Aaron Burr
- English beauty who was the mistress of Admiral Nelson (1765-1815)
- Irish mathematician (1806-1865)
- United States toxicologist known for her work on industrial poisons (1869-1970)
- a period of time (4 or 2 hours) during which some of a ship's crew are on duty
- Keep under careful or protective observation
- Secretly follow or spy on
- look attentively; "watch a basketball game"
- a small portable timepiece
- Look at or observe attentively, typically over a period of time
- United States Navy: the navy of the United States of America; the agency that maintains and trains and equips combat-ready naval forces
- an organization of military vessels belonging to a country and available for sea warfare
- A fleet of ships
- The branch of a nation's armed services that conducts military operations at sea
- dark blue: a dark shade of blue
HAMILTON AIR SHOW 2011: The Family and the F-4U GRAY GHOST
enjoyed by the whole family…
Here a Hamiltonian family is enjoying watch
ing Vintage Wings of Canada's
F-4U dedicated to the Canadian war hero, Lt. Hampton Gray VC DSC.
If you know nary a thing about Mr. Gray, here you go…Lt. Hampton Gray VC DSC
flying a Corsair F-4U for the Royal Navy.
"On August 9, 1945 at Onagawa Bay, Miyagi Prefecture, Japan, Lieutenant Gray led an attack on a Japanese destroyer. The citation for his VC, gazetted on November 13, 1945 describes what happened:
ADMIRALTY Whitehall, 13th November, 1945.
The KING has been graciously pleased to approve the award of the VICTORIA CROSS for valour to: —
the late Temporary Lieutenant Robert Hampton GRAY, R.C.N.V.R.,for great valour in leading an attack on a Japanese destroyer in Onagawa Wan, on 9th August, 1945. In the face of fire from shore batteries and a heavy concentration of fire from some five warships Lieutenant Gray pressed home his attack, flying very low in order to ensure success, and, although he was hit and his aircraft was in flames, he obtained at least one direct hit, sinking the destroyer. Lieutenant Gray has consistently shown a brilliant fighting spirit and most inspiring leadership.
Gray was one of the last Canadians to die during World War II, and was the last Canadian to be awarded the Victoria Cross. His VC is owned by the Gray family." (Wikipedia)
Hamilton 3992B Deck Watch
The Hamilton 3992B was a varient of the 992B railroad watch
with centre seconds. 2000 were made for the British Royal Navy and abot 400 for the Canadian navy
This example is in the original deck watch
Related topics: mens big face watches pocket watch for women designer watch watch movies online for kids wenger gst watches watch monsters ball online free mad men watch full episodes
- (月) 12:39:12|
- Category: None